Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"I'm just having a cocktail"




So I have a lot of great conversations with my niece. When I am pulling my hair out at work, or stuck in a subway train because someone inconveniently decided to jump during rushhour (aagh late again), It's little miss S who I picture to bring a smile to my face and drop my blood pressure back to human.

But today's conversation is in my top 3:

Tuesday, September 27, 6:33 pm:

My sister puts S on the phone:

S: "AUNNNNT BECCCCA"

me: "Hi Sweetie!!:

S: "Hi! Hi! Remember when you got married???"

me "Yeah I do -it was last month"

S: "you looked soooo pretttttty:

me "Oh thanks honey!!"

S: "And I looked sooo pretty tooo!!! in my dressssss!"

me "yes you did!!! what are you doing tonight??"

S: "ummmm I'm having a cocktail"

(my sis in the background: " A FRUIT cocktail, S- tell her its a FRUIT cocktail")

me "WHHHHATTT?"

S: "its basically pinapples and cherries"

(my sis in the background: "S! Tell her is a FRRUUUUITTTT cocktail")

me "Is this rum or vodka based?"

(my sis in the background: "S!!! Please tell her its fruit in a can!" )

S: "AUNT Becca- its basically fruit in a can"

me "I love you"

S: "I love you to byyyyyye"

No comments:

Post a Comment